Freedom sometimes means so little to those who truly have it, but a denial of it makes you watch with envy, people who appear so blessed with life full of choices and opportunities; and with the gifts of life to enjoy those choices with fun and festivity.
The freedom we enjoy today and which even transcends the shores of the American territory is a phenomenon that many people all over the world have come to see as the harbinger of paradise on earth made possible by the love and true patriotic, paying the supreme sacrifice by our fearless heroes.
As we celebrate the Memorial Day, here are a few things we can do to really show our appreciation to our patriots who laid down their lives in yesteryears, for our lives to make meaning today.
Special Memorial Day decorations
Starting from your home’s look, create some great party theme ideas. Use colors that remind you of our fallen heroes and which helps their spirits know they are not forgotten. Check here for inspiration and also some great 4th of July ideas.
Special Memorial Day Food
The event is a celebration of lives of our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters and our children who bravely fought so that we may have better lives and be happy.
Therefore, let’s celebrate Memorial Day with special food and drink. Let’s invite our neighbors, our friends and acquaintances on this joyous day and celebrate and make merry; it is not a day to look sad, let’s show our heroes we are happy with the kind of country they bequeath us.
Create Patriotic Home Decor
You can decorate your home with good and relevant collections of our national flag; look for good collection of figurines of men and women who fought the battle to give us freedom.
You can change the look of your home and adorn your environment with colors that remind you of someone close, whose selfless service to our country and humanity is worthy of remembrance.
Hold Thank You Memorial Day Parties
It is important for those living to take time out once in a while to get together to remind ourselves of the need to remain united, even in our diversity.
Here is a Memorial Day party idea and also some July 4th party ideas that you can adapt to your situation:
- Create a center to celebrate our heroes: within your neighborhood, get a place where people can gather to celebrate together and remind ourselves of the cherished love we share.
- Make it a family celebration with children particularly the focus: Let’s create love and affections among our young ones and remind them of the need to be together; create some fun for them.
- Give out tasks to our young ones to organize the event, guide and support them. This is important to see how they would hold together when we are gone.
- Create segments in the event to specially remember people from our community who had contributed to the wellbeing of our neighborhood, not necessarily dead but even those alive.
- Allow the little ones to show their talents and show us how they intend to continue to defend the freedom our heroes had paid the supreme prize and which we cherish so dearly.
- Let’s use the event to re-enact our resolve to continue to defend our unity and heritage of freedom, no matter our differences!
Have a fun filled Memorial Day celebration!