Halloween is getting closer and it’s getting spooky at Bayberry Cove!
Check out our Halloween collection today. We have a nicely varied Halloween collection, from adorable and whimsical figurines to luminaries, and everything in between. All of your favorite artists, and we are offering more charming and adorable Halloween collectibles than ever! All items in our store are already 20% (or more) off retail, and this holiday season we offer free shipping on all orders over $50.Make sure to use the coupon code SPOOKY at check-out for $5 off of your order of $40 or more!
Bayberry Cove has been the online leader for vintage folk art and holiday collectibles since 1999! Your trusted source to make your home come alive with the spirit of the holidays.
Halloween Fun Facts
- “Halloween” is short for “Hallows’ Eve” or “Hallows’ Evening,” which was the evening before All Hallows’ (sanctified or holy) Day or Hallowmas on November 1. In an effort to convert pagans, the Christian church decided that Hallowmas or All Saints’ Day (November 1) and All Souls’ Day (November 2) should assimilate sacred pagan holidays that fell on or around October 31.
- The word “witch” comes from the Old English wicce, meaning “wise woman.” In fact, wiccan were highly respected people at one time. According to popular belief, witches held one of their two main meetings, or sabbats, on Halloween night.
- The owl is a popular Halloween image. In Medieval Europe, owls were thought to be witches, and to hear an owl’s call meant someone was about to die.
- The largest pumpkin ever measured was grown by Norm Craven, who broke the world record in 1993 with a 836 lb. pumpkin.
- Ireland is typically believed to be the birthplace of Halloween.